(1) Commemorative Banknote Pattern (see Annex 1).
1. Frontal pattern.
The main front view of the commemorative banknotes is the tree ring and the first to fifth sets of representative parts of the RMB. At the top left is the national emblem pattern, the name of the “People’s Bank of China”, and the words “The 70th Anniversary of RMB Issuance” and “1948-2018”. The lower left side of the ticket face is the denomination number “50”, and the upper right is the denomination number “50” and the Chinese character “Wu Yuan Yuan”.
2. The back pattern.
The main picture on the back of the commemorative banknote is the People’s Bank of China Building, supplemented by Peony, the former site of the People’s Bank of China, the first set of RMB distribution notices and the silhouette of the city building. In the upper left corner of the ticket is the denomination number “50”, the Chinese Pinyin alphabet of the People’s Bank of China and the words and denominations of the “People’s Bank of China” in the four national languages of Mongolia, Tibet, Victoria and Zhuang. Below the ticket is the president’s chapter and the year number “2018”. The lower right corner of the ticket face is the denomination number “50” and the Chinese pinyin letter “YUAN”.
(2) Commemorating the denomination, specifications, materials and quantity of the banknotes.
The commemorative banknotes are denominations of 50 yuan, with a face length of 150 mm and a width of 70 mm. The material is banknotes and the number of copies is 120 million. The number of commemorative banknotes distributed in provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the Central Government is shown in Annex 2.
(3) Ways of issuance.
The commemorative banknotes are issued in two batches by way of appointment. The first batch was issued nationwide on December 28, 2018, and the second batch was issued in Liaoning, Jilin, Heilongjiang, Jiangsu, Shandong, Hubei, Guangdong and other regions on January 11, 2019. The specific issuance work arrangements are shown in Annex 3.
(4) The public security features of commemorative banknotes are shown in Annex 4.
(5) The commemorative banknotes have the same functions as the current renminbi, and are circulated in equal value with the same denomination of RMB.
Attachment: 1. The 70th anniversary commemorative coins and commemorative banknotes issued by the RMB
2. The number of commemorative banknotes issued for the 70th anniversary
3. Arrangement for the issuance of the 70th anniversary of RMB issuance
4. The public security feature of the 70th anniversary of RMB issuance