||Chinese Zodiac Commemorative Coin Set for The Wu Xu Year of the Dog .
||Silver Coin:99.9 % Pure Silver/ Copper-alloy Coin:Nickel-brass
||Silver Coin:38 millimeters/Copper-alloy Coin:38 millimeters
||Silver Coin:31.135 grams (containing one ounce of silver)/Copper-alloy Coin:25 grams
||Silver Coin:NT$100/ Copper-alloy Coin:NT$10
Silver Coin:The Year of 2018 is the Chinese lunar year of Wu Xu, the Chinese Zodiac Year of the Dog. Dogs were domesticated for over ten thousand years ago and have been living with humans since then. They are used for hunting, guarding property, guiding the blind, as pets, and are considered our best friends. The Chinese proverb states “Dogs bring wealth”, implying that dogs invite good fortune. Dogs are auspicious creatures and widely loved.
Silver Coin:Performances of the folklore troupes of Sam Thai Tsu (Prince Nezha, a deity in Taiwanese folk religion), are commonly seen in temple celebrations. They are one of the distinctive features of Taiwanese folk religion. Incorporating modern popular music and dances in more recent years, Sam Thai Tsu has become colloquially known as “Electric-Techno Neon God”, showcasing the creativity and vitality of traditional Taiwanese culture. It is now one of the focal points in local festivities.
The coin set of the Year of the Dog includes one silver proof coin and one copper-alloy coin. The image of the dog on the obverse of the silver proof coin is selectively gold-plated, while the image of the orchid plant on the reverse of the copper-alloy coin is colorized, showcasing the beauty of special production techniques. These limited edition coins are issued as legal tender with face values.
|Copper-alloy Coin Image Obverse:
The stylized image of a dog with a raised tail and welcoming smile incorporates the philosophy of Taiji. The image of the dog depicted with a pattern of sweeping light and dark strokes (Yin and Yang) is reminiscent of early Chinese pictographs of water, which is a visual metaphor for the influx of wealth. The stylized figure of a bat hidden within the image of water symbolizes the arrival of blessings and fortune. In combination, these design elements usher in prosperity, wealth, and economic su
|Copper-alloy Coin Image Reverse:
Orchids are characterized by elegant blossoms and ethereal fragrance, embodying the qualities of purity, delicacy, elegance, refinement, and vitality. The orchid along with plum blossoms, bamboo, and chrysanthemums are known as the si jun zi, or “The Four Gentlemen”. The literati and culturati often project qualities associated with the orchid in order to highlight their own integrity, dissociating themselves from material desires, fame, or wealth.
Established in 2006, Taiwan Ocean Gold Coins Co., Ltd. in Taiwan region is the total distribution agency for the merchandises traded by the China Gold Coin Incorporation, and is solely responsible in Taiwan region for the exclusive distribution of China's commemorative coins of precious metal.
- The People's Bank of China is the central authority designated for the issuance of China's modern commemorative coins of precious metal.
- China Gold Coin Incorporation is the official distributor of China's modern commemorative coins of precious metals.
- China Great Wall Coin Investment Co., Ltd. is the overseas distribution agency of the China Gold Coin Incorporation.
Over the past 30 years, the China Gold Coin Incorporation has become one of the world's leading international brands, and we are the most trusted name for the preservation and appreciation of China’s commemorate coins of precious metal.
-Taiwan Ocean Gold Coin Co., Ltd. has been jointly authorized by the International Olympic Committee, Beijing Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games, the Chinese Taipei Olympic Committee, and the China Gold Coin Incorporation. We have been bestowed with the exclusive distribution of the commemorative coins of precious metals dedicated for the 29th Beijing Olympic Games in 2008.
Ocean Gold Coin Mission Statement:
- Professionalism, Integrity, and Quality Service.
- To Promote China's No.1 brand for gold coin collections
- To promote China's gold and silver coin collections and bullion investments;
- To develop the overseas market of China’s coin culture;
- To enhance cross-strait cultural exchange of coins;
- To deliver a highly efficient, topnotch service platform for collectors and investors of China's modern gold and silver commemorative coins,
- The Ocean Gold Coin has long been a sponsor of Taiwan’s sporting events and
awarded various medals.
Did You Know?
-Taiwan Ocean Gold Coin Co., Ltd. is the total distribution retailer solely authorized by the China Gold Coin Corporation in Taiwan region. All the merchandises that we offer are authenticity-guaranteed, and we never sell any counterfeit item!
- Taiwan Ocean Gold Coin is a legally registered company (Unified Number: 29031214). Choose the Ocean Gold Coin for its guaranteed integrity. Taiwan Ocean Gold Co., Ltd. provides you with a professional and high-quality shopping experience, and has a physical store conveniently located at No. 9 Section 3, Zhongshan North Road, Zhongshan District in Taipei City. Welcome to visit our retail store!